Sunday, June 15, 2014

Layouts and Model Sheets

In 2005, recently arrived from Florida, after the Disney Feature Animation's shut down, I started a small studio and as a first job I got to do a 3 minutes sequence for the The Proud Family Movie, which was created and directed by Disney animator Bruce Smith. Myself and a small team did everything from boards to final cleanup.  The color was done in Canada.
 As I was a new studio owner and had no past experience in negotiating and handling an entire production project and also dealing with people, it was a horrible experience that I do not want again.  Financially I made zero profit.  However, Bruce and the studio loved the quality I delivered and I enjoyed doing the layouts and some model sheets and some key animation.  Below are some samples of layouts and model sheets I did.







3 comments:

  1. I can imagine, what trouble it was, suddenly to have to lead a whole crowd of people on an animation project -- especially when you never had done this before.
    I remember your older post on the Proud Family movie.
    The newly added designs for the sports teams look great!

    I remember your older post on the Proud Family movie.
    The newly added designs for the sports teams look great!

    ReplyDelete